Math 350 Suggested Readings and Home Work and Homework Assignments
Materials covered and suggested readings
- Suggested Readings, Week 1
- Suggested Readings, Week 2
- Materials covered up to February 18
- 2/21-2/25: ciphers, public key cryptosystems, RSA, discrete log, ElGamal
- 2/28-3/18: quadratic residues, Lengendre symbol, quadratic
reciprocity, jacobi symbols. (Chapter 11, sections 1 to 3.)
- Assignment 1 (See Due Dates below.)
- Assignment 2 (See Due Dates below.)
- Assignment 3 (See Due Dates below.)
- Assignment 4 (See Due Dates below.)
- Assignment 5 (See Due Dates below.)
- Assignment 6 (See Due Dates below.)
- The four UNSTARRED problems in Assignment 1, in sections 2.3, 3.2 and 3.4
are due Friday, February 25.
- The rest of the UNSTARRED probems in Assignment 1 are due on Friday,
March 4. (Notice the change/correction in Part II.)
- Assignment 2 is due on Wednesday, March 16.
- Assignment 3 is due on Wednesday, March 23.
- Assignment 4 is due on Wednesday, March 30.
- Assignment 5 is due on Wednesday, April 6.
- Assignment 6 is due on Friday, April 15.
- Practice problems for the final exam
(There are seven problems in the final exam; they are comparable to the
problems in the practice final, perhaps a bit easier.)
- Hints to some practice problems
Back to Math 350 Home Page