Math 602, Algebra, fall 2006
Office: DRL 4N36, Ext. 8-8469.
Office Hours: W 11:00-12:00.
This is the most important part of this course;
see the first paragraph of "For the Student" in Shatz and Gallier.
Please talk to Steve if you are not convinced.
- Final Exam: Thursday, December 14, 9-11 AM,
according the the website of the Registrar's office.
(Note that the Math Common Exams are scheduled on Thursday, December 14,
- Lectures: MW 1:30--3:00 PM, 4C2 DRL
First meeting: Wednesday, September 6, 2006.
- Text: Algebra, by Stephen Shatz and Jean Gallier,
available from the Math Dept at cost.
- Bourbaki, Algebre
- Bourbaki, Algebre Commutative
- Curtis and Reiner, Representation Theory of Finite Groups and
- Jacobson, Basic Algebra I, II
- Lang, Algebra
- Rowen, Ring Theory, Student Edition
- Serre, Local Algebra
- Serre, Linear Representations of Finite Groups
Back to Ching-Li Chai's Home