click on the links to download preprints...
all versions are pre-publication drafts with eventual publication citations as listed
the author gratefully acknowledges the support of DARPA, the NSF, the AFOSR, and the ONR; of course, that doesn't mean they endorse what is written. neither does the university of pennsylvania. in fact, i don't think anyone except me and a few coauthors endorse the opinions expressed in these works. and even then, it's not a slam-dunk.
-  S. Bhattacharya, R. Ghrist, and V. Kumar, "Multirobot coverage and exploration on Riemannian manifolds with boundary", to appear, Intl. J. Robotics. Res.
-  R. Ghrist, D. Lipsky, J. Derenick, and A. Speranzon, “Topological landmark-based navigation and mapping”, preprint.
-  S. Bhattachayra, R. Ghrist, and V. Kumar, “Multi-robot Coverage and Exploration on Riemannian Manifolds with Boundary”, preprint.
-  Y. Cai and R. Ghrist, “Cyclic network automata and cohomological waves”, preprint.
-  S. Bhattachayra, D. Lipsky, R. Ghrist, and V. Kumar, “Homology Classes of Cycles in Punctured Euclidean Spaces”, preprint.
-  M. Katsev, A. Yershova, B. Tovar, R. Ghrist, and S. LaValle, “Mapping and Pursuit-Evasion Strategies For a Simple Wall-Following Robot,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics, to appear.
-  S. Alexander, R. Bishop, and R. Ghrist, "Total curvature and simple pursuit on domains of curvature bounded above," Geom. Dedicata, DOI 10.1007/s10711-010-9481-z.
-  R. Ghrist, “Configuration spaces, braids, and robotics,” Lecture Note Series, Inst. Math. Sci., NUS, vol. 19, World Scientific, 263-304.
-  S. Alexander, R. Bishop, and R. Ghrist, "Capture pursuit games on unbounded domains," Ensiegn. Math., 55, 103-125.
-  Y. Baryshnikov and R. Ghrist, “Target enumeration via integration over planar sensor networks,” in Proc. Robotics: Science & Systems.
-  J. Jung and R. Ghrist, “Pareto optimal multi-robot coordination with acceleration constraints,” in Proc. Intl. Conf. Robotics & Automation.
-  R. Ghrist, “Winding numbers for networks with weak angular data,” in Topology and Robotics, Contemporary Mathematics, AMS.
-  R. Ghrist and V. Peterson, “The geometry and topology of reconfiguration,” Adv. Appl. Math., 38, 302–323.
-  V. de Silva and R. Ghrist, “Coordinate-free coverage in sensor networks with controlled boundaries,” Intl. J. Robotics Research, 25(12), 1205-1222.
-  R. Ghrist and S. LaValle, “Nonpositive curvature and Pareto optimal motion planning,” SIAM J. Control & Opt., 45(5), 1697-1713.
-  E. Klavins, R. Ghrist, and D. Lipsky, “The graph grammatical approach to self-organizing robotic systems,” IEEE Trans. Automatic Controls, 51(6), 949-962.
-  R. Ghrist, J. O'Kane, and S. LaValle, “Computing Pareto-optimal coordinations on roadmaps,” Intl. J. Robotics Research, 12(11), 997-1010.
-  R. Ghrist, D. Lipsky, S. Poduri, and G. Sukhatme, “Node isolation in coordinate-free networks,'' in Proc. Workshop on Algorithmic Foundations of Robotics.
-  S. Alexander, R. Bishop, and R. Ghrist, “Pursuit and evasion on nonconvex domains of arbitrary dimensions,'' in Proc. Robotics: Science & Systems.
-  A. Yershova, B. Tovar, R. Ghrist, and S. LaValle, “Bitbots: Simple robots solving complex tasks,'' in Proc. AAAI.
-  V. de Silva, R. Ghrist, and A. Muhammad, “Blind swarms for coverage in 2-d,'' in Proc. Robotics, Systems and Science.
-  A. Abrams and R. Ghrist, “State complexes for metamorphic robots,” Intl. J. Robotics Research, 23(7,8), 809-824.
-  R. Ghrist, J. O'Kane, and S. LaValle, “Pareto optimal coordination on roadmaps,'' in Proc. Workshop on Algorithmic Foundations of Robotics, 2004.
-  R. Ghrist, and D. Lipsky, “Grammatical self-assembly for planar tiles,'' in Proc. Intl. Conf. on MEMS, Nano, and Smart Systems.
-  E. Klavins, R. Ghrist, and D. Lipsky, “Graph grammars for self-assembling robot systems,'' in Proc. Intl. Conf. on Robotics & Automation.
-  R. Ghrist and D. Koditschek, “Safe cooperative robot dynamics on graphs,” SIAM J. Cont. & Opt., 40(5), 1556-1575.
-  A. Abrams and R. Ghrist, “Finding topology in a factory: configuration space,” Amer. Math. Monthly, 109, 140-150.
-  R. Ghrist, “Shape complexes for metamorphic robots,'' in Algorithmic Foundations of Robotics V, J. Boissonnat et al. eds., STAR 7, Springer, 185-201.
-  R. Ghrist and R. Komendarczyk, “Topological features of inviscid flows,” in Introduction to the Geometry and Topology of Fluid Flows, NATO-ASI Series II, vol. 47, Kluwer Press, 183-202.
-  R. Ghrist, “Configuration spaces of graphs and robotics,” in Braids, Links, and Mapping Class Groups: the Proceedings of Joan Birman's 70th Birthday, AMS/IP Studies in Mathematics, vol. 24, 29-40.
-  R. Ghrist and D. Koditschek, “Safe Cooperative Robot Dynamics on Graphs,'' in Hybrid Systems and AI: Modeling, Analysis and Control of Discrete and Continuous Systems, AAAI, SS-99-05, 65-70.