Bio: 4th year Ph.D. student in AMCS
Co-Advised by: Dr. Michael Kearns and Dr. Aaron Roth
- Cambridge University (UK)
- Stetson University (DeLand, FL):
- BS Mathematics (Summa Cum Laude)
- BA Religious Studies (Summa Cum Laude)
- Oxford University (UK)
Algorithmic Game Theory
- Differential Privacy
- Mechanism Design
- Numerical Analysis
- Social Networks
- April 25, 2016: Visited the Privacy Tools Project at Harvard
University. Presented work on Differentially Private Chi-Squared
- January 29, 2016: Presented Poster at NYCE 2016.
- November 16 - 20, 2015: Visited Penn State, hosted by Adam Smith. Presented work on Differentially Private Chi-Squared Hypothesis Testing.
- November 10, 2015: Visited Google NY, hosted by Renato Paes Leme. Presented Do Prices Coordinate Markets.
- July 30, 2015: Theory/EconCS/Differenital Privacy Group Presentation at Harvard University on Mechanism Design in Large Congestion Games.
- I was very fortunate to work with the Privacy Tools Project at Harvard University with Salil Vadhan in Summer 2015.
- March 18, 2015: won Best Poster Award at SIAM CSE '15 in Salt Lake City, UT.
- Max-Information, Differential Privacy, and Post-Selection Hypothesis Testing. Joint work with Aaron Roth, Adam Smith, and Om Thakkar. In submission.
- Differentially Private Chi-Squared Hypothesis Testing: Goodness of Fit and Independence Testing. Joint work with Marco Gaboardi, Hyun woo Lim, and Salil Vadhan. To appear in ICML 2016.
- Robust Mediators in Large Games. Joint work with Michael Kearns, Mallesh M. Pai, Aaron Roth, and Jonathan Ullman. In submission. (This paper subsumes both Mechanism Design in Large Games: Incentives and Privacy which appeared in ITCS 2014, and Asymptotically Truthful Equilibrium Selection which appeared in EC 2014).
- Do Prices Coordinate Markets? Joint work with Jamie Morgenstern, Justin Hsu, Aaron Roth, and Rakesh Vohra. To appear in STOC 2016.
- Learning from Rational Behavior: Predicting Solutions to Unknown Linear Programs. Joint work with Shahin Jabbari, Aaron Roth, and Steven Wu. In submission.
- Inducing Approximately Optimal Flow using Truthful Mediators. Joint work with Aaron Roth, Jonathan Ullman, and Steven Wu. In the proceedings of EC 2015.
- Private Pareto Optimal Exchange. Joint work with Sampath Kannan, Jamie Morgenstern, and Aaron Roth. In the proceedings of EC 2015.
- Asymptotically Truthful Equilibrium Selection in Large Congestion Games. Joint work with Aaron Roth. In the proceedings of EC 2014.
- Identification of localized structure in a nonlinear damped harmonic oscillator using Hamilton's Principle. Joint work with Thomas Vogel. Involve (2010); vol. 3, issue 4.
- Email: ryrogers [at] sas [dot] upenn [dot] edu
- Office: GRW 565
- President and co-founder of SIAM student chapter at Penn
- Rowing Coach for Wharton Crew
- Rowing Experience: