Bio: 4th year Ph.D. student in
Co-Advised by: Dr. Michael Kearns and
Dr. Aaron Roth
- Cambridge University (UK)
- Stetson University
- BS Mathematics
(Summa Cum Laude)
- BA Religious Studies (Summa Cum Laude)
- Oxford University (UK)
- Differential Privacy
- Adaptive Data Analysis
- Algorithmic Game Theory
- Mechanism Design
- Social Networks
- May 23-June 23, 2016: Visiting the Privacy Tools Project at Harvard.
- April 25, 2016: Visited the Privacy Tools Project at Harvard. Presented work on Differentially Private Chi-Squared
- January 29, 2016: Presented Poster at NYCE 2016.
- November 16 - 20, 2015: Visited Penn State, hosted by Adam Smith.
Presented work on Differentially Private Chi-Squared Hypothesis Testing.
- November 10, 2015: Visited Google NY, hosted by Renato Paes Leme. Presented
Do Prices Coordinate Markets.
- July 30, 2015: Theory/EconCS/Differenital Privacy Group
Presentation at Harvard University on Mechanism Design in Large Congestion
- I was very fortunate to work with the Privacy Tools Project
at Harvard University with Salil Vadhan
during Summer 2015.
- April 24, 2015: Presented Lightning Talk on Inducing Approximately Optimal Flow via
Truthful Mediators at
a workshop at Caltech entitled "Theory of Bringing Privacy into
- March 18, 2015: won
Best Poster Award at SIAM CSE '15 in Salt Lake City, UT.
- Privacy Odometers and Filters: Pay-as-you-Go Composition. Joint work with Aaron Roth, Jonathan Ullman, and Salil Vadhan. In submission.
- Max-Information, Differential
Privacy, and Post-Selection Hypothesis Testing. Joint work
with Aaron Roth, Adam Smith, and Om Thakkar. In submission.
- Differentially Private
Chi-Squared Hypothesis Testing: Goodness of Fit and Independence Testing.
Joint work with Marco
Gaboardi, Hyun woo Lim, and Salil Vadhan. To appear in ICML 2016.
- Robust Mediators in Large Games.
Joint work with Michael Kearns, Mallesh
M. Pai, Aaron Roth, and Jonathan Ullman. In submission. (This paper
subsumes both Mechanism Design in
Large Games: Incentives and Privacy which appeared in ITCS 2014,
and Asymptotically Truthful
Equilibrium Selection which appeared in EC 2014).
- Do Prices Coordinate Markets?
Joint work with Jamie Morgenstern, Justin
Hsu, Aaron Roth, and Rakesh Vohra.
To appear in STOC 2016.
- Learning from Rational
Behavior: Predicting Solutions to Unknown Linear Programs. Joint
work with Shahin Jabbari,
Aaron Roth, and Steven Wu. In submission.
- Inducing Approximately Optimal
Flow using Truthful Mediators. Joint work with Aaron Roth,
and Steven Wu.
In the proceedings of EC 2015.
- Private Pareto Optimal Exchange.
Joint work with Sampath
Morgenstern, and Aaron Roth.
In the proceedings of EC 2015.
- Asymptotically Truthful
Equilibrium Selection in Large Congestion Games. Joint
work with Aaron Roth. In the proceedings of EC 2014.
- Identification of localized
structure in a nonlinear damped harmonic oscillator using Hamilton's
Principle. Joint work with Thomas
(2010); vol. 3, issue 4.
- Email: ryrogers
[at] sas [dot] upenn [dot] edu
- Office: GRW 565
- President and co-founder of SIAM
student chapter at Penn
- Rowing Coach for Wharton
- Rowing Experience: