Mathematics 112: Real Analysis
Harvard University - Spring 2006
TH 10:00-11:30 in Science Center 507
- syllabus - homework - exams -
- Instructor: Robert M. Strain
- Course Assistants:
Igor Rapinchuk and Alex Waldron
- Igor Rapinchuk's Section:
Tuesday 3-4 in SC 101B.
- Alex Waldron's Section:
Monday 7-8 in SC 101B.
- Required Textbook: Rudin, Principles of Mathematical Analysis, 3rd Ed.
- This course will cover the rigorous foundations of analysis and calculus.
Topics may include:
- Set Theory and the Real Numbers
- Basic Topology and Metric Spaces
- Compactness, Convergence and Continuity
- Differentiation and (Riemann) Integration
- Implicit Function Theorems
- The Lebesgue Theory of Integration
- February 2 - First Class
- March 23 - In-class midterm
- March 28, 30 - Spring Recess
- May 4 - Last Class
- May 6 to May 16 - Reading period
- May 9 to May 11 - Take-home final exam
Please note that all downloads have been removed.