Note: Towards the end of these notes are some
pages that are in color.
If you intend to print out the notes, then for those
pages at least, use a color printer if possible.
Accompanying these notes is a Maple package "EastWest"
for the generation of combinatorial objects. This package
will do any of the six functions Count, List, Rank,
Random, Unrank, Successor, on any of the seven
- k-subsets of an n-set
- permutations of n things with k cycles
- partitions of a set of n things with k classes
- partitions of an integer n into k parts
- ordered partitions of n into k nonnegative parts
- permutations of n letters with k runs
- partitions of an integer n whose largest part is
or 42 tasks altogether. Additional families can easily
be incorporated into the package. Comments and bug
reports are invited. The package is a Maple file
"EastWest.m". To use the package,
- 1. Download it to your computer.
2. Open a Maple worksheet.
read `/your path.../EastWest.m`;
in a line on the worksheet.
to view a description of the
functions that are available.
Free counters provided by Honesty