Chiamavi 'l cielo, e 'ntorno vi si gira
mostrandovi le sue belleze etterne
e l'occhio vostro pur a terra mira
onde vi batte che tutto discerne
- 2015/Jul: Ghrist has been named a National Security Science & Engineering Faculty Fellow by the US Department of Defense (ASDR&E).
- 2015/Jul: Article on Ghrist's research & fashion sense in the Penn Gazette
- 2015/Mar: Ghrist helps engineering students kick butt.
- 2014/Nov: Ghrist gives the Gauss Lecture in Karlruhe, Germany.
- 2014/Oct: Article in MAA Focus Magazine on Ghrist's calculus reform.
- 2014/May: Ghrist lobbied on Capitol Hill on behalf of NSF mathematics funding.
- 2013/May: The Chronicle of Higher Education features Ghrist in a sensationalist bid to stir up controversy about MOOCs.
- 2013/Jan: Ghrist's Coursera Calculus featured in the New York Times and Philadelphia Inquirer.
- 2013/Jan: Ghrist awarded the Chauvenet Prize for mathematical writing.
- 2012/Dec: Coursera Calculus featured on boingboing and the today show...
- 2012/Aug: Ghrist taught a mini-course on symmetry groups to 7th-8th grade girls at Penn's GEMS Program
- 2012/May: Ghrist will be teaching Calculus: Single Variable via Coursera starting
January 7, 2013. Sign up for free!
- 2012/May: Ghrist delivered the Vincent Meyer Lecture at the Technion on Topological Tools for Signals and Sensors. watch the video!
- 2012/Jan: Expository talk "Music of the Spheres" for Penn's Engaging Minds program at the Beverly Hills Four Seasons: watch the video!
- 2011/Dec: article about Ghrist's teaching in Penn Engineering News Magazine (pdf, see page 12, or see a short summary in html)
- 2011/Aug: Ghrist talks on "Putting Topology to Work" at the Young Mathematicians' Conference (link has video of talk / slides)
- 2011/July: Nice writeup about the F(unny)L(ittle)C(alculus)T(ext) at Penn's Under the Button
- 2011/Apr: Ghrist gives a public lecture on the Mathematics of Holes at the 2011 International Science Festival in Edinburgh
- 2011/Mar: President Gutmann mentions Ghrist's involvement in Penn's new Integrated Studies Program for undergraduates.
- 2011/Mar: Ghrist speaks to high school students @ UTexas' Saturday Morning Math Group on "T/F : True/False : Twitter/Facebook : the Mathematics of Social Circuits" (link is to pdf flier)
- 2011/Jan: Ghrist speaks on the Beauty and Utility of Mathematics at the British Museum in London
2010/Dec: Ghrist (and his calculus class) appear briefly in a Penn promotional video
- 2010/Sep: Ghrist interviewed by John D. Cook
- 2010/Jun: Ghrist gives lecture series at Colorado College [video1][video2][video3]
- 2010/Apr: Ghrist is the 8th Norbert Wiener lecturer at Tufts University
- 2009/Nov: Ghrist delivers a brief address to Presdient Gutmann & the University Council on Mathematics & its Applications
- 2009/ Oct: Ghrist is the innaugural Milton Wing lecturer at Rochester University
- 2009/Sep: Ghrist delivers a 60 second lecture at Penn on "Why is Mathematics Useful?"
2009/Jan: Ghrist gives a public lecture on sensor networks at the IMA in Minneapolis [video]
- 2008/Sep: Beautifully-written article on a Paradiso of Mathematics
2007/Oct: Ghrist is named a Richard & Margaret Romano Professional Scholar by the University of Illinois
2007/Jun: Ghrist delivers a public lecture at the National University of Singapore
- 2007/May: Article in Science News on topological sensor networks
February 2007: Ghrist named as a UIUC "University Scholar" for 2006-2008
2007/Jan: Ghrist to speak at the "Current Events Bulletin" at the AMS National Meeting in New Orleans
2006/Oct: Article in Information Week discusses sensor networks, mathematics, and algorithms. If you prefer Italian, check this out...
2006/May: Ghrist to speak at the ICM in Madrid, Spain