The "Workshop on math advice and networking" is to take place at the University of Pennsylvania on Saturday, September 28 of fall 2019. This event is catered toward undergraduate women who are applying to math graduate school this fall or are thinking of applying to math graduate school in the future. We will have a workshop with several activities meant to help with your application. We will also have activities to help you connect with women mathematicians at Penn and in the area.
- Math talk by former Penn grad student Anusha Krishnan, Syracuse University
- Advice on how to pick a grad program and what you can do before you apply (Angela Gibney, Rutgers)
- Panel on grad student life
- Information session on application and admissions processes
- Feedback and advice on personal statements
- Networking opportunities
The official program will end around 5pm.
A limited amount of funding (travel and lodging) is available to those who register early.
Deadline for registration: September 24.
Deadline for funding: September 10. Decisions will be made immediately after.
More information will be posted soon!